Once Was Home

Once Was Home
We turned a yard of dirt and dead weeds into this. Then we had to leave.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello, Universe


I'm having a rare moment of gratitude: for my life, for my family, for my friends, for the remarkable amount of love and support I've seen flowing around this week. Not necessarily to me, but to people I love, and sometimes to people I love because I've asked for that for them, and the response was, "but of course!" Many things may be up in the air, many things are unresolved, many hard choices lie ahead in the not-at-all-distant-future, and then there is the fact that many things feel deeply wrong to me in the world just outside my own life. Today, I feel like I can handle all that and even grow from it, in part thanks to the feeling that there are those who care that this is hard, who don't want to tell me what to do, but are happy to stay by my side while I navigate through it. So I'm feeling grateful. And since everyone else is asleep, I thought I'd just launch a thank you to the universe from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment